WHAT WE BELIEVE(What we will teach your child)
Lutheran schools are known for their academic quality and for their ability to aid moral development. They are religious schools which include daily teaching about religion and integrate Christian beliefs into everything they teach. Many parents who are considering enrolling their child wonder, “What will they teach my child about religion at a Lutheran school?”
Lutheran schools teach what Lutherans believe.
- That the Bible is the source and basis for our beliefs (2 Tim 3:15-17)
- That all people are to be shown respect. (Matt. 22:39)
- That only through faith in Jesus Christ can people be saved. (John 3:16)
Lutheran schools teach about God.
- The Almighty, loving Creator of everything and everyone. (Gen. 1:1)
- One God, but three equal persons (Triune). (Matt 28:19)
- A Judge who requires us to fulfill His law perfectly. ((James 2:10)
- A Savior who died for our sins and arose from the dead. (2 Tim. 1:10)
- A Sanctifier who gives us faith through His Word and sacraments (1 Cor. 6:11)
- The Author of the Bible who inspired men to write every word as He directed. (2 Tim. 3:16)
- Love. He loves all people perfectly, in spite of how they may act. (1 John 4:8)
Lutheran schools teach about people.
- Created individually and specially by God. (Ps. 139:13)
- Loved always and completely by God. (John 3:16)
- Required by God to obey His law perfectly. (Matt 5:48)
- Unable to obey God perfectly (everyone sins). (Eccl. 7:20)
- Saved from hell by Christ's sacrifice. (Gal. 3:13)
- Given forgiveness of sins and eternal life through Baptism and Holy Communion. (Acts 22:16; Luke 22:19-20)
- >Motivated by God's love to love all other people and serve Him. (John 14:23)
* Concordia Tracts
3558 S. Jefferson Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63118
For more information about the core beliefs and values of Calvary Lutheran Church and School, click here